26 August, 2018

Assignments

There are some assignments that I'm very excited about, and others that I'm not super excited for. I'm really looking forward to the reading assignments, and I'm excited to get to write stories as well. I'm not terribly excited for the commenting- I always get nervous when I have to comment on other people's work, and I know this won't be any different.
This is actually a lot like what I did in the other online classes I've taken. I did a whole year of online school in high school, and it was pretty similar to this in many of my classes. Students would do readings, and then we'd usually post in the "discussions" section of the class, and then leave a comment on one to three other students' discussion posts. The creation of a term-long project is also something I have experience with. I have had several classes (mostly English, but also a History class and a "Freshman Experience" class) where we had to make a semester portfolio. One of those portfolios involved writing a series of stories about a fictional alien species. We had to create the species, their customs and traditions, and design a myth system that they followed.

Books by Abhi Sharma on Flickr Source

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raven, I am so glad I noticed this post; your fictional alien project sounds SO COOL. That is very similar to the idea behind the project for this class... and of course that would work for any story you want to tell, reimagining some human story that you have read for class and retelling it as an alien story on an alien world! :-)

    ReplyDelete