20 August, 2018

Favorite Place: Portland

Portland, Oregon
I lived in a lot of places growing up, but I always loved going back to Oregon, where I was born and where I lived until I was 8. I wasn't able to go to college in Oregon, due to the price, but I got lucky- after I started college here in Oklahoma, my mom moved to Vancouver, Washington, right across the border from Portland. Now, whenever I visit my mom, I get a chance to go to Portland. I love visiting the different hipster neighborhoods- all the coffee shops and the little vintage stores are so fun to visit- and it's just a great place overall. I love the people, the food, and the weather, and it's my favorite place to spend time.
Old Town Portland sign
Image source: goodfreephotos

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Portland is wonderful: what a great excuse to go visit! We lived in Oregon when I was little (Eugene), and it was one of my favorite places for sure. You'll find a unit in the class UnTextbook on Native storytelling traditions of the Pacific Northwest... including ravens of course!

    ReplyDelete